Indoor Air Quality Services and Products in Jacksonville and Surrounding Areas
Tight buildings save energy, but fresh air pathways are usually eliminated. As a result, pollutants accumulate inside the living area, which can create serious health issues for those with allergies, COPD, asthma and other respiratory conditions.
How We Approach Air Quality Problems
At Northeast Florida Heating & Air, we recognize how important it is to keep your home’s indoor environment healthy and safe. If you have a family member suffering from breathing difficulties, our indoor air quality experts can design a comprehensive strategy to eliminate unpleasant odors, airborne toxins
- Air Filtration Systems: A central air filter is an essential component in an efficient IAQ system. Air filters are offered in a variety of different styles, including pleated, cabinet, fiberglass, electrostatic and electronic models. Filter effectiveness is determined by its MERV rating, which is a measurement of the quantity and size of the particulate matter trapped by the filter as the air passes through it. A higher MERV value is better, but it’s important to check with your HVAC contractor to ensure your system has sufficient static pressure for a
- UV Lights:
Ultra violetlight is very effective at killing certain organisms. Installed near the evaporator coil or inside the ductwork, UV lights can help eliminate a number of airborne irritants that coat your air distribution system with sticky grime. A UV light will help improve system efficiency and extend the life of your equipment.
- Air Duct Cleaning: Over time, airborne pollutants accumulate inside your ductwork. When the HVAC system turns on, these irritants circulate throughout your home and negatively impact those with allergies or asthma. We use mechanical brushes and a compressed air whip to dislodge stubborn dirt and grime inside your ductwork. An industrial-strength vacuum draws out the debris and deposits it in a sealed container, leaving your home clean and smelling fresh.
The Many Benefits of Healthy Indoor Air
You’ll enjoy many benefits when the air inside your home is clean and healthy.
- Better Health: When the indoor air is free of pollutants, those with respiratory issues will breathe easier and experience a better quality of life.
- Improved Equipment Performance: Polluted indoor air is full of nasty contaminants that build up on vital internal parts inside
youHVAC equipment. Dirt and grime degrade efficiency, so the unit has to work longer to produce the same level of comfort.
- Cleaner Home: Dust stays airborne for a while, but it eventually settles on floors, countertops
andfurniture. With an effective IAQ system, your home will stay cleaner, and the air inside will smell fresh and odor free.
Air Quality Inspections
Many of us spend most of our time indoors. However, the air that we breathe in our homes, offices or schools can pose a health problem risk. Volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) that circulate in our air can be produced by cleaning chemicals, pets, plus off-gassing of carpets, paint
Complete Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Northeast Florida Heating & Air offers a full array of indoor air quality products and services. Call one of our friendly representatives to learn more about the many benefits of improved indoor air quality for your Orange Park, Ponte Verda, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, FL, or surrounding area home or office.
What Our Customers Say
In May of 2009, my A/C needed to be changed. Northeast Florida changed my old worn-out unit to a new, energy efficient, unit. I could not be more satisfied with the quality of work and attention that was devoted to getting the new unit installed and working by the men assigned to this conversion. The project was done in a very professional manner and the job site was left clean. The old unit was removed and no rubbish or junk was left behind. My thanks go to the management and personnel, both in the field and office, for a job very well done.Peter S.
Under the leadership of John Wade, Northeast Florida has maintained the HVAC units at the Haskell Building for more than a decade. They have more than adequately performed routine maintenance as well as emergency service promptly and efficiently. Our building is approximately 120,000 square feet, with more than 400 inhabitants. It is difficult to please everyone, but John’s group has done its best. As Building Manager, knowing he can be counted on when needed has made my job much easier.Nancy W.
Northeast Florida Heating & Air has been doing work for me for over 12 years. In that period I have had nothing but compliments from my customers as well as architects and inspectors. All jobs have been done in a timely manner and with the utmost professionalism. No matter how small or large the project, I can always count on John Wade and his employees to take care of their part. I highly recommend Northeast Florida Heating & Air to anyone who is looking for a quality HVAC contractor either as a subcontractor or service provider.Keith R.
Call and Schedule an Appointment Today!